How I Spent My Summer...Paycheck
Seeing as I'm going back to school in only eight days, I treated myself to a final trip to the record store this evening. In no particular order, here's what I got:
- Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack. I love the score for this film, and I know I'll have it in my head for awhile, because I also bought...
- Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring DVD. Duh. How could I not buy this on the day it came out?
- Ludacris - Word of Mouf. I really did enjoy his set on the Anger Management Tour. Features such instant classics as "Area Codes" and "Move Bitch."
- Blade. Simply beyond cool. I missed the sequel in the theaters, and that DVD's high on my list.
- Fight Club - Soundtrack. I'm sick of listening to low-quality rips of a few select tracks that I got off of Audiogalaxy before it went down. The Dust Brothers rule.
- Pete Yorn - musicforthemorningafter (Limited Edition). The first of two CDs that I bought tonight as a direct result of Amanda's influence. And it's limited, which makes it extra cool.
- Counting Crows - August and Everything After. I discovered to my amazement only a few weeks ago that I did not own this record. So I picked it up for only 9 bucks used.
- Ben Kweller - Sha Sha. I bought this as a direct result of Amanda as well. I had "Wasted + Ready" in my head all day, and I hadn't even heard it in several weeks. And it only cost $7, new!