NFL: Week One Thoughts
Random thoughts from around the league. I feel like a slacker for not having posted any sort of predictions for the season, but let's just say I see no reason for the Patriots to not repeat. That being said, Let's Go Giants!
- Dwane Rudd has to feel like the biggest ass in history. I watched the end of this game and simply could not believe what I was seeing. His celebration was understandable, but damn! Make sure you've got a sack for real before celebrating!
- Steve Spurrier didn't seem to have any trouble settling into his first meaningful NFL game. The Redskins' defense needs some work, though: a shootout with the Cardinals?
- Brian Griese seems to have given himself a stay of execution. Taking down the Rams in Week 1 definitely bodes well for the Broncos.
- Baltimore lost to Carolina. So, so sad. Poor Brian Billick and Art Modell.
- Unlike other sports' New York teams that I don't directly root for, I hold nothing against the Jets. And how could you not love the two kickoff returns for TDs, one of which opened the OT? Unless, of course, you're a Bills fan. But look on the bright side, Buffalo: just because your D sucks doesn't mean that Drew Bledsoe has to!
- Thoughts on Reliant Stadium: Oh. My. God. That place is bigger than Woodcliff Lake.
- The Patriots looked very much like the World Champions last night. The New England defense is great for my fantasy team.
- Speaking of my fantasy team, the Xtreme Aardvarks won the first game of their inaugural season with the highest point total in the league. The Aardvarks feature such players as Kordell, Keyshawn, Marshall, and Vinatieri; it's going to be a good year. Dinner is mine, Dad!